Hey Reader! This week in CSAI we started using our microbits!! The first project we did was as a group and it was to code the microbits to become tempurature sensors and record the highest tempurature and the lower. It also displayed the current tempurature. The next project we did, the one I am writing about, was to make our own pedometer. If you don’t know what a pedometer is, that’s okay. I didn’t know before i started this project. It is basically a step counter, like a Fitbit. After we created them, we had to test them at home and make improvments to our code. Here comes the fun part. We had a microbit race! We all to0k 100 steps and had to see how many our microbit counted. This didn’t only depend on teh code you used, it also depended on where you put it. Most of the people put it on their hand where a watch would be, but some people put it in their shoe to try somethign different! I was not one of the shoe people, but I still did it a different way than most. Since I have a Fitbit, I stuck the battery pack under the band and just taped the picrobit to my palm. I think this technique worked because it counted 96 out of my 100 steps! If you want to repeat this project, you can find the website to code it here and you can buy a microbit here.

I hope you repeat this project even if you don’t have a microbit. If you go to the website, you can see what you created on the demo microbit. Anyway, this was a super fun project and it helped me learn more about microbits.

Thanks for reading, Riya Cheriyan